Monday, July 5, 2010

Why the 4th of July is My New Favorite Holiday



Growing up my Dad always said that the 4th of July was his favorite holiday and I never understood why. I always liked the 4th of July but it was nothing compared to Christmas. After all, you don't get presents on the 4th. Now that I am an adult and have a child I finally understand. My dad loved the 4th of July because he didn't have to GET anyone any presents.
This 4th was so much fun. And really stress free. We "tailgated" at our town's festival and watched the fireworks. My parents, their Friends, my brother and his fiancee, my cousins, my aunt and her friends, my husband's best friend, my husband, my daughter, and myself all gathered together, each brought some food and drinks and had a great time. It was so stress free. We just relaxed, enjoyed the beautiful weather, talked, and ate.
Don't get me wrong. I still love Christmas. But no having to buy gifts, only having to make a couple of easy dishes, no snowstorms, no dress clothes, no going to 10 different peoples houses...the 4th really has taken Christmas' place as my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment