Saturday, July 10, 2010

Corn Fritter Casserole


I am going to a bridal shower for my friend Laura today and we were asked to share a favorite recipe with the bride. I decided to share this recipe for Corn Fritter Casserole. It is a really tasty side dish that goes with just about anything, and my family loves it. I though I would share it here so everyone could try it.



Corn Fritter Casserole

adapted from Cooking Light Magazine


Ingredients:

3 tablespoons of butter, softened

3 large egg whites

1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1 red bell pepper, finely chopped

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 can cream-style corn

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

1/4 tsp. black pepper


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in onion, bell pepper, both canned corns, mixing well. Add muffin mix and black pepper, stirring until well combined. Pour into an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 F for 50 minuters or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment