Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Child is Born


Sorry about the lack of posts the last week but I was busy having a baby!!!
Introducing my "Pumpkin," born September 3rd at 9:44am. She was 7 pounds, 3 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long.


I am happy to report that her birth went very well. For those of you who regularly read my blog, you know that I was incredibly nervous about my scheduled c-section since the birth of my last baby was not so great. This time was absolutely wonderful. I was nervous waiting in the pre-op area before hand but when we went back to the OR things went very smoothly. I got numb very quickly and the anesthesiologist was great. The doctors were very quick getting Pumpkin out and she was perfect. When they wheeled me back to the recovery area I was feeling great and chatting with everyone. I even managed to breastfeed in the recovery room. I did start having nausea and vomiting in the recovery area and it persisted for the next 24 hours, but honestly I didn't care because I was so happy everything else went great. We were in the hospital for 3 nights but I was anxious to get out the next day because I was feeling so good. I was able to get out of bed shortly after the c-section and walk to the bathroom and I credit that with a speedy recovery.




Things are going great so far at home. I am happy to have my husband at home with me for now and this next week to help me out as I am still recovering. I still haven't had that first margarita as I am still on Vicodin but I will let everyone know when that momentous occasion occurs. Thank you everyone for the good thoughts about the delivery. I will try and get more posts written in the next days and weeks about my precious little newborn.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is just precious.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I'm so glad to hear hat it all went so well! I look forward to reading more posts about your newestjoy! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually stopped by your blog yesterday and wondered how it had went. Congratulations! She is beautiful - and I love LOVE that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is gorgeous..... but.. you didn't actually name her Pumpkin, did you? Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new baby. I bet your one proud mama.. Im your newest follower from Trailing Tuesdays so when you get the time hop on by my blog and check me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats- she is beautiful- I LOVE the bow, too cute!

    ReplyDelete