Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What Exactly CAN I Do Now?

Let me first start by saying, I am SO glad not to be pregnant anymore. From the morning sickness to the sore joints and muscles, I was ready to be done. Now that I feel good again I am ready to get moving. But guess what? I can't. That is because I had a c-section, my second. When I went for my two week check-up yesterday the doctor really scared me. She said if I wanted to have a 3rd baby that I really need to take it easy to let my uterine incision heal properly. She said that I shouldn't lift anything heavier than my baby in her carrier, not even my 2 year old. For those of you with multiple kids, I'm sure you know that this is next to impossible. Now that my husband has gone back to work, I am on my own all day, and for three nights a week I am on my own as well. I am not quite sure how bath time is going to work with me not lifting Peanut. I am trying my best not to lift her but when she begs me to pick her up, I can't exactly explain to her that Mommy needs time for her uterine incision to heal.

I'm sure most of you would love to be told to rest on doctor's orders. When my husband was home with me for the first two weeks this was great. All my chores were done, errands were run, and food was prepared (although I did make a lot of freezer meals before I had the baby, I can't give him TOO much credit). Now that I am on my own, there is so much that needs to get done. The house is a mess and about 1000 loads of laundry need to be done. Which leads me to another thing. How is it that 1 tiny little baby could have all of a sudden doubled my laundry load? The problem is, I can't lift and carry the laundry baskets. So all I can do is get the laundry pre-treated and sorted for my husband to do later. I can't vacuum or wash floors, clean my bathroom or wash my dishes. I'm pretty much supposed to sit on a lillypad and breastfeed for the next 4 weeks. I guess I will be blogging a lot in the near future.


P.S. If you are finding me from a blog hop, leave me a comment so I can follow you back. Also, PLEASE enter my latest giveaway HERE. There are really low entries so you have a good chance of winning.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Eek! Im sorry that sounds hard! My doctor told me that next time I give birth I'll be strongly advised to do a C-section, so it's good for me to hear the ups and downs that goes along with that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard but I would honestly recommend a planned c-section to anyone. It was so calm and I felt great afterwards. It just is hard for me to be inactive right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is Michelle at The Not-So-Secret Confessions! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award! You can see it here:

    http://ftmommyferg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't have that many restrictions. I guess your OB is strict. I did too much too early though, I could feel that I pushed myself too far, which of course is not good. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie! Since I did not just have a c-section and I am very capable of lifting heavy things these days...let me come over and do some laundry! Or run to the store for you! Or anything else I could do! And of course hold that baby! Seriously! What are friends for? Hopefully you still have the facebook message with my open days. Let me know what works and I'll come over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Your blog is so cute! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

    Thanks, Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for following me. I am glad to follow you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jackie! I am also more than willing to help you out sometime, and I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind laundry and actually likes to vacuum! I've been there too- not the most fun situation. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete