Monday, November 8, 2010

The Age of Opinions

Well it has finally happened...my little 25 month old Peanut has developed an opinion on just about everything. She wants to assert her will on what movies she watches, what clothes she wears, what she eats, everything. That is all fine and dandy except for the fact that she changes her mind at the drop of a hat. For example, she will say she wants to watch Nemo. Then as soon as I put Nemo in the DVD player, she wants to watch Big Bird. Or she picks out the pajamas she wants to wear before we take a bath and then as soon as we get out of the bath she wants different pajamas. This morning I was giving her some strawberries and she only wanted certain ones on the plate. If I don't somehow read her mind or cater to her every whim she has a complete meltdown. She definitely is a girl. She changes her mind about every two minutes and everyone else just has to deal with it. Seeing as I am with her 99% of the time I guess I am the one that just has to deal with it. Which means trying to ignore temper tantrums until they flare out. Oh the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Apperantly my mom tells me I was the same way. She had to start early with me making choices and having to stick with it. At night I had to pick out my outfit for the next day, and if I didn't like it, too bad, I picked it out deal with it. I guess it's a lot easier said then done. I wanted a girl to have her wedding and her babies to share with her, but part of me is praying for only boys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete